Get Answers To Your Workers’ Compensation Questions

From Our Team Of Experienced And Aggressive Attorneys

When people are injured on the job or suffer from work-related illnesses, they are up against serious challenges. Injured workers worry not only about their medical bills, but also about supporting themselves and their families when they must take time off work.

You have rights under Maryland’s workers’ compensation laws, and we will fight to protect them. From our law office in Waldorf, we go to battle to get our clients and their families the workers’ compensation benefits they need and deserve.

To speak with a member of our team about your options free of charge, call 301-965-0630 now.

Frequently Asked Questions About Workers’ Compensation

  1. What do workers’ compensation benefits cover? You may be eligible to receive compensation for your medical treatment — including hospital bills, physical therapy, prescriptions and more — and your lost wages.
  2. What types of illnesses or injuries qualify someone for benefits? If you were injured in the course of your employment — no matter how the injury occurred or whose fault it was — you may qualify for benefits.
  3. Do I need an attorney to file a workers’ compensation claim? Your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance carrier is going to do everything it can to avoid paying you what you are entitled to by law. Our lawyers fight insurance companies on behalf of injured workers to get them maximum compensation. We also know when our clients should pursue third-party personal injury lawsuits in addition to workers’ compensation claims.
  4. How much does it cost to hire a workers’ compensation attorney? You do not have to pay our firm any money out of pocket to represent you. If we win compensation for you, an attorney’s fee will be deducted from your financial award. The fixed fee is set by Maryland Workers’ Compensation Commission. Incidental costs may also apply.
  5. How much money will I receive for income replacement? Under Maryland law, injured workers are entitled to receive two-thirds of their average weekly wages. These benefits are called “temporary total disability” payments.
  6. How long can I receive temporary total disability payments? You should receive wage replacement benefits as long as you are unable to work due to your injuries or until you make a maximum medical recovery.
  7. When should I report a workplace accident? As soon as possible. Delays can make it more difficult to pursue a workers’ compensation claim.

Contact Us Today For A Free Claim Review

If you or someone you love is suffering because of an on-the-job injury or an occupational illness, contact us today to schedule a free consultation about your options. Call 301-965-0630, or send in this form to get in touch with the Law Office of James E. Farmer, LLC, now.