Work-related injuries and on the job injuries can cause you to suffer severe physical pain and financial losses. After a Maryland work injury, it can be difficult to know where to turn to obtain the honest answers and help that you and your family need. Let our Waldorf Maryland workers compensation lawyers help you.
At the Law Office of James E. Farmer, LLC, our La Plata, MD workers’ comp attorneys guide injured and disabled workers through these difficult times by helping them obtain Maryland workers’ compensation benefits. If your injury occurred on the job, our Waldorf Maryland workers compensation lawyers can help you file a Maryland workers’ compensation claim. It doesn’t matter whether you suffered a back injury, were in a work related auto accident or developed a repetitive stress injury (RSI) like carpal tunnel syndrome. If it happened at work, it should be covered under Maryland workers’ compensation laws. Contact our Waldorf Maryland workers compensation lawyers. Serving the La Plata, Leonardtown, Waldorf, Bennsville, Lexington Park, Upper Marlboro, Bowie, Suitland, Bladensburg, Greenbelt, College Park, Lanham, Landover, Takoma Park & Clinton, Maryland areas.
Standing Up For Injured Maryland Workers
What happens if you are injured so badly that you cannot work in Maryland? How will you pay your rent or mortgage? Who will you pay the medical bills? How will you put food on the table? These are just some of the questions that you may have as you face this difficult and uncertain time. Let our Waldorf Maryland workers’ compensation lawyers answer all of your questions and fight to get you the benefits you are entitled to.
Our team of La Plata, MD workers’ comp attorneys routinely represent employees who suffer work-related injuries, including:
- Workplace slips, trips and falls
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Electrocution and burn injuries
- Muscle strains and broken bones
- Work related auto accidents
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Exposure to gas, toxic chemicals and hazardous substances
Injured workers in Maryland are entitled to receive two-thirds of their average weekly wages and have their medical expenses paid. Our Waldorf Maryland workers compensation lawyers will fight for you.
Your Legal Advocates After A Work Injury
Despite your injuries and valid claim to workers’ compensation benefits, your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance company may do everything it can to avoid paying what you are entitled by law to receive. Our Waldorf, Maryland workers’ comp attorneys will stand up for your rights and fight to recover the maximum benefit amount to which you are entitled.
If you were receiving workers’ comp but the check wasn’t in the right amount or the benefits were wrongfully terminated please contact our Upper Marlboro, Maryland work injury attorneys to discuss your situation. We will deal with the bureaucracy so you can focus on healing.
If an on-the-job injury resulted in a permanent disability, our La Plata, MD workers’ compensation lawyers can negotiate a lump sum settlement of your workers’ comp claim.
When people are injured on the job or suffer from work-related illnesses, they are up against serious challenges. Injured workers worry not only about their medical bills, but also about supporting themselves and their families when they must take time off work.
You have rights under Maryland’s workers’ compensation laws, and we will fight to protect them. From our law office in Waldorf, MD our workplace injury attorneys go to battle to get our clients and their families the workers’ compensation benefits they need and deserve.
To speak with a member of our team about your options free of charge, call 301-965-0630 now.
Common Questions About MD Workers’ Comp Cases
- What do workers’ compensation benefits cover? You may be eligible to receive compensation for your medical treatment — including hospital bills, physical therapy, prescriptions and more — and your lost wages. Let our Waldorf MD workers’ comp attorneys review your claim and get you the benefits you deserve.
- What types of illnesses or injuries qualify someone for benefits? If you were injured in the course of your employment — no matter how the injury occurred or whose fault it was — you may qualify for benefits.
- Do I need a MD work comp attorney to file a workers’ compensation claim? Your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance carrier is going to do everything it can to avoid paying you what you are entitled to by Maryland workers’ compensation law. Our Bowie, MD workers’ comp lawyers fight insurance companies on behalf of injured workers to get them maximum compensation. We also know when our clients should pursue third-party personal injury lawsuits in addition to workers’ compensation claims.
- How much does it cost to hire a workers’ compensation attorney? You do not have to pay our firm any money out of pocket to represent you. If we win compensation for you, an attorney’s fee will be deducted from your financial award. The fixed fee is set by Maryland Workers’ Compensation Commission. Incidental costs may also apply.
- How much money will I receive for income replacement? Under Maryland workers’ compensation laws, injured workers are entitled to receive two-thirds of their average weekly wages. These benefits are called “temporary total disability” payments.
- How long can I receive temporary total disability payments? You should receive wage replacement benefits as long as you are unable to work due to your injuries or until you make a maximum medical recovery.
- When should I report a workplace accident? As soon as possible. Delays can make it more difficult to pursue a workers’ compensation claim.
Let Our College Park MD Work Comp Lawyers Help
If you or someone you love is suffering because of an on-the-job injury or an occupational illness, contact us today to schedule a free consultation about your options. Call 301-965-0630, or send in this form to get in touch with the Greenbelt, MD work injury attorneys at the Law Office of James E. Farmer, LLC, now.
Contact A Workers’ Compensation Attorney Today
Our Waldorf Maryland workers compensation attorneys can help you get the workers’ compensation benefits you deserve. We can file your initial application or represent you in any appeals or additional claims that may be filed. Don’t try to take on the workers’ comp process alone.
Call the Law Office of James E. Farmer, LLC, in Waldorf, Maryland, for effective legal representation by calling 301-965-0630, or you can contact us online to arrange your free consultation.
Our Waldorf Maryland workers compensation lawyers serve all of Maryland including Leonardtown, La Plata, Waldorf, Bowie, College Park, Clinton, Suitland, Lanham, Landover, Bladensburg, Greenbelt, Silver Spring, Wheaton, Rockville, Frederick, MD.